Since 1913, Disciples Church has been committed to sharing good news of Jesus with Edmonton. A lot has changed in that time. Our commitment hasn't. 

 
 

Central Christian Church

The Beginning

1913

Around Easter 1913, in a young city on the northern edge of the known prairie a group of people gathered to begin a witness to the faithfulness of Jesus to the rapidly growing city around them. Founded in the Restoration Movement Tradition and Meeting at 11036 96 Street, they began a half century of ministry in that downtown location as the world changed.

 
 

13407 97 Street

First Christian Church (Disciples)

1963

After outgrowing their downtown location, The church undertook a huge move to what was then the far northern outposts of Edmonton. The congregation built a new building with their own hands, and affiliated with the Christian Church in Canada (Disciples of Christ), they altered their name worked through another half century of faithful ministry to this city. 

 
 

13407 97 Street

Disciples Church

2016

In keeping with the tradition of faithfulness and adaptation that has been given to us over the last one hundred years, We've again altered our name to best serve Jesus and share the good news with our city. As a denominationally independent congregation in the Campbell-Stone tradition; we continue to strive to be and to make disciples of Jesus; committed to his kingdom and his message, and in that way bless the world.